Skip to main content

Featured

11 traffic cops arrested in Limpopo for alleged corruption and bribery

Management Corporation's (RTMC) Anti-Corruption Unit (NTACU), together with the South African Police Service (SAPS) have arrested 11 traffic officers in Polokwane, for allegedly taking bribes from bus operators, taxi drivers and motorists travelling on the N1 highway between Polokwane and Musina. RTMC spokesperson, Simon Zwane, said the suspects, arrested on Friday, were identified after a lengthy investigation.  Zwane said the officers have been under investigation since March 2022, as part of an undercover operation called “coconut” which was targeting law enforcement officials involved in unethical and unlawful conduct which led to high crashes on the N1. “An investigation by the National Anti-Corruption Unit of the RTMC has so far revealed that Traffic officials operating along the N1 freeway and those inside towns and villages abandon their duties and drive to the N1 to carry out corrupt activities. “It is alleged that the officers stopped motorists and conducted i

My story on how a became an driving instructor

 Hi, my name is Morne Orsmond, in the year 2006 was my last year of school and i didn't really know what my next step in life wil be after school.


Student passed his code10 


I originally wanted to join the south african defense force, but then i got the opportunity to help out at the driving school. 

At first i wasn't really sure if this is going to work for me but then i said to myself let me try it out and see where it takes me. 

My duties at driving school was to help student's preparing for there learners licence and also give information to clients who needed information about the courses the driving school have to offer. 

I will never forget my first student i had to help prepare for his learners as i was also preparing myself on how to prepare the students and i still had to learn all the signs and rules of the road.

At first i have read out of the learners book to explain the signs and rules, in about a month i didn't need a book anymore and could explian the signs and rules easily. 

I can't recall on how many students i helped to be prepared for there learners licence. 

It's always a good feeling when the students come back to thank you for helping them. 

As the time goes on, i started to help teaching the students with their driving classes, if the school started to get to busy. 

In the meentime i also went for my driver's license test. At the time i started helped at school i didn't had a license yet. 

My test was really easy and not to difficult because i had all the knowledge needed. 

I also already known what to expect on the day of the test. 

On the day of my driver's license test the examiner that tested me was little shocked, he thought i already had a licence because he always sees me helping taking the drivingschools vehicle's back to the school.

After i gotten my driver's license it was time to get my driver's instructor certificate so that i can legally teach someone how to drive. 

This time i was nervous about to get tested agian, i didn't really know what to expect this time, but at the end it was really fun to do the tests over agian. 

As the years passed on i gained so much experience, and also learned so much about driving techniques, i had a very good experience mentor that helped me and teached me alot about the driving school industry. 

If it was not for him i wouldn't be where im today, he was also like a father to me and also give me good advice. 

He given me the opportunity to work at his drivingschool i started work at the drivingschool from 2007 until 2015 then the drivingschool closed down because of the traffic department that was closed due to a fire that broke out. Then the owner decided that it was time to move on. He had the drivingschool for many year's if i'm right he had the drivingschool for about 16 to 17 years. 

In Jully 2016 i opened my drivingschool,and still going on untill today. 

I don't think i will ever stop being a driving instructor, i wil not say that im perfect but i always trying my best to share my knowledge and experience to students. 

To be in an industry where you have to teach someone how to drive you need to have patience, that is one thing I've learned to accomplish. 

As a driving instructor, your job duties include creating lesson plans for classroom instruction, giving students hands-on driving practice, and providing feedback to students on how they can improve. You need strong teaching and communication skills to help your students learn essential driving concepts and methods.

I still learn everyday also and i think it is the reason for the instructor that im today. 

Working as a driving instructor is a good career if you are passionate about vehicles and driving. You are doing important work, teaching a new generation of drivers how to safely operate motor vehicles on roads and highways. Your responsibilities are teaching students safe driving concepts and giving them opportunities to practice behind the wheel. You may work evenings and weekends, especially if you are a driving instructor for high school students studying to pass their driver’s license test. 

I never thought that i wil be so happy to have become a driving instructor. 







Comments

Popular Posts